Meet Phnom Penh’s New Khmer architecture
I’ll always remember Phnom Penh for its architecture. We combined a few walking routes and filled our days with taking pictures. There are some amazing buildings from Vann Molyvann to be spotted. Most of his buildings even survived the Khmer Rouge! Unfortunately a lot of other buildings have been destroyed in the rush to modernize. I hope the government understands soon enough that it’s a part of their patrimony they need to protect.
Read more about Phnom Penh’s architecture here:
Phnom Penh travel information
- Transport: In by bus from Kampot, out by airplane!
- Getting around in the city: By foot & taxi!
- Stay: We stayed at the Royal Meking Boutique Hotel once (The room was nice & spacious, but it smelled & it was noisy: read more) and the second time at the Frangipani Villa 60’s Hotel.
- Things to do: Take architecture walks, hang around & try to catch a concert of the Cambodian Space Project.
- Food: I can recommend a few places: Brown Café, ARTillery, Public House & Friends.